ATA Certified Arabic English Translator
Chief linguist Wael Doukmak is ATA Certified Arabic English Translator, voice-over expert, on-air interpreter, and Arabic language and cultural adviser, who first entered American households in 2003 as CNN’s live, on-air interpreter during the Iraq War. From 2003-2006, Doukmak simultaneously translated and seamlessly interpreted Arabic for millions of Americans.
A professor of Arabic Language at the University of Georgia at the time, Syrian-born Doukmak has since become one of the nation’s most sought after translators, with specializations in voice-over, on-air simultaneous interpretations, commercial transcreation, and cultural awareness education.
With a diverse background in IT, telecommunications, pharmaceutics, and language services, Doukmak is a lifelong student and educator, acquiring the following degrees and certifications:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Executive Education Certificate in Strategy and Innovation
- University of Texas at Dallas, Graduate Certificate in Executive and Professional Coaching
- University of Georgia, Ph.D. Candidate in Pharmaceutics
- University of Damascus, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Youth Institute for Computer and Technical Sciences, Associate Degree in Computer Science
Doukmak’s academic background in pharmacy, computer science, strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship coupled with decades of experience in Telecom, Smart Cities and other disciplines, attracts governments and companies in need of a top linguist who not only has insightful business acumen, but also combines language experience and subject matter expertise.
Today, at Language Services at Arabic.com, Doukmak is supported by a team of professional, ATA certified translators, language services providers, project managers, and support staff.